As the mercury rises in the ‘hood, inner-city denizens also have to contend with the kind of heat that doesn’t show up on a thermometer. On freshly-minted promo single Dumb Ass Kids, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Kansas City buzzmaker emphasizes just how easy it is for young’ns who go out looking for trouble to find it in the form of a flying bullet. The Audible Doctor‘s halting rhythm section and ghostly, sampled accents accompany the emcee’s cautionary bars, as well as his sung chorus. Irv closes with a little advice for kids round his way who don’t want to end up in a coffin: “Young brother, go get you a summertime job. Go back to to school with some bread.” This potent jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Midwest repper’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.