As the mercury rises in the ‘hood, inner-city denizens also have to contend with the kind of heat that doesn’t show up on a thermometer. On freshly-minted promo single Dumb Ass Kids, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Kansas City buzzmaker emphasizes just how easy it is for young’ns who go out looking for trouble to find it in the form of a flying bullet. The Audible Doctor‘s halting rhythm section and ghostly, sampled accents accompany the emcee’s cautionary bars, as well as his sung chorus. Irv closes with a little advice for kids round his way who don’t want to end up in a coffin: “Young brother, go get you a summertime job. Go back to to school with some bread.” This potent jam isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on the Midwest repper’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.