Irv Da PHENOM!‘s new single may share its title with an iconic antidrug campaign, but don’t expect to hear it in the background of a PSA anytime soon. By associating narcotics with the Kansas City representative’s agile, quick-witted bars, Brain on Drugs is liable to encourage youths to experiment with illegal substances, rather than scaring them off. Part of his latest full-length, the record finds Irv unleashing bar after bar of high-energy trash talk over beatsmith Paul Judge‘s buzzing, whirring electronic grooves. For Brain on Drugs and many more bangers, check out the emcee’s Los Kangeles LP, released in May and available now on iTunes. Fans are also encouraged to take a listen to ¡MAYDAY!‘s new single, My Life, featuring Irv on the hook.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.