Irv Da PHENOM!‘s new single may share its title with an iconic antidrug campaign, but don’t expect to hear it in the background of a PSA anytime soon. By associating narcotics with the Kansas City representative’s agile, quick-witted bars, Brain on Drugs is liable to encourage youths to experiment with illegal substances, rather than scaring them off. Part of his latest full-length, the record finds Irv unleashing bar after bar of high-energy trash talk over beatsmith Paul Judge‘s buzzing, whirring electronic grooves. For Brain on Drugs and many more bangers, check out the emcee’s Los Kangeles LP, released in May and available now on iTunes. Fans are also encouraged to take a listen to ¡MAYDAY!‘s new single, My Life, featuring Irv on the hook.
Written by richard on 08/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.