Last October, Iron Solomon stepped into The DJBooth with Redrum Radio, a mixtape whose grimy beats and murderous lyrical themes made it perfect for Halloween rotation. With the 31st just around the corner, Solomon’s preparing to unleash another set of grisly, seasonally-appropriate bangers in the form of sophomore release Killer. With that said, new song release Monster, (which, confusingly enough, shares a title with the artist’s last album) isn’t about Freddy Kreuger or the Wolfman. Instead, the cut finds Solomon shining the spotlight on youths of his own generation, who have been twisted and demonized by the social, economic and religious powers that be. Joining the headliner over his and Isaiah‘s cinematic boardwork are Emilio Rojas (who just kicked off promotion for his next album with lead video single Ice Cream 2k12) and Saigon (whose sophomore LP is set to hit stores November 6). For this cut, the previously-featured The Genesis (Chapter 1) and much more on Killer, scheduled to hit the Booth for streaming and download next Wednesday—aka All Hallows’ Eve.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rule #4081" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.