Last October, Iron Solomon stepped into The DJBooth with Redrum Radio, a mixtape whose grimy beats and murderous lyrical themes made it perfect for Halloween rotation. With the 31st just around the corner, Solomon’s preparing to unleash another set of grisly, seasonally-appropriate bangers in the form of sophomore release Killer. With that said, new song release Monster, (which, confusingly enough, shares a title with the artist’s last album) isn’t about Freddy Kreuger or the Wolfman. Instead, the cut finds Solomon shining the spotlight on youths of his own generation, who have been twisted and demonized by the social, economic and religious powers that be. Joining the headliner over his and Isaiah‘s cinematic boardwork are Emilio Rojas (who just kicked off promotion for his next album with lead video single Ice Cream 2k12) and Saigon (whose sophomore LP is set to hit stores November 6). For this cut, the previously-featured The Genesis (Chapter 1) and much more on Killer, scheduled to hit the Booth for streaming and download next Wednesday—aka All Hallows’ Eve.
Written by richard on 10/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rule #4081" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.