Last October, Iron Solomon stepped into The DJBooth with Redrum Radio, a mixtape whose grimy beats and murderous lyrical themes made it perfect for Halloween rotation. With the 31st just around the corner, Solomon’s preparing to unleash another set of grisly, seasonally-appropriate bangers in the form of sophomore release Killer. With that said, new song release Monster, (which, confusingly enough, shares a title with the artist’s last album) isn’t about Freddy Kreuger or the Wolfman. Instead, the cut finds Solomon shining the spotlight on youths of his own generation, who have been twisted and demonized by the social, economic and religious powers that be. Joining the headliner over his and Isaiah‘s cinematic boardwork are Emilio Rojas (who just kicked off promotion for his next album with lead video single Ice Cream 2k12) and Saigon (whose sophomore LP is set to hit stores November 6). For this cut, the previously-featured The Genesis (Chapter 1) and much more on Killer, scheduled to hit the Booth for streaming and download next Wednesday—aka All Hallows’ Eve.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rule #4081" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.