The sh*tty thing about getting exactly what you want is that, once you’ve got it, you realize that it wasn’t what you wanted after all. Which is to say, there’s no woman beautiful enough, and no whip expensive enough, to keep a man from lusting after that next chick or car—just ask Tiger Woods. N.J. duo I.O.U. (That stands for “Inside Our Universe,” in case you were wondering.) are well aware of the pitfalls of success, and on their first Booth feature, they cast a critical eye on the desire of many in the game to buy happiness. Buck and Izee collaborate both on the mic and behind the boards, serving up a low-key Little Dragon-sampled beat to back their fly, yet thoughtful bars. Sean Feuer provides a clever illustration of the record’s premise on the visual tip. For more, check out I.O.U.‘s Patience LP, released to the ‘net this past May.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)