The sh*tty thing about getting exactly what you want is that, once you’ve got it, you realize that it wasn’t what you wanted after all. Which is to say, there’s no woman beautiful enough, and no whip expensive enough, to keep a man from lusting after that next chick or car—just ask Tiger Woods. N.J. duo I.O.U. (That stands for “Inside Our Universe,” in case you were wondering.) are well aware of the pitfalls of success, and on their first Booth feature, they cast a critical eye on the desire of many in the game to buy happiness. Buck and Izee collaborate both on the mic and behind the boards, serving up a low-key Little Dragon-sampled beat to back their fly, yet thoughtful bars. Sean Feuer provides a clever illustration of the record’s premise on the visual tip. For more, check out I.O.U.‘s Patience LP, released to the ‘net this past May.
Written by richard on 08/22/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.