Though I can tell you firsthand that not having to tie a strip of cloth around my neck before work every morning is pretty cool, this new mixtape cut from Intuition & VerBS doesn’t really have anything to do with the squareness of business attire. On the contrary – the title of the Los Angeles emcees’ Booth debut refers to their ability to “Hip No Ties” listeners with dope rhymes and banging beats. Backed by Alpha MC‘s chopped-soul sample boardwork, the twosome deliver bars likely to leave lyrical heads entranced. VerBS serves up plenty of vivid braggadocio on the front end, topping his verse off with a name-drop that sent me running to Wikipedia (Basquiat is a Neo-Expressionist painter, if you were wondering). Intuition, on the other hand, focuses on the ladies, spitting, “I want a new girl in each state.” Will his dreams come true? Only time will tell, but hot tunes like this one certainly can’t hurt his prospects. If this track has you spellbound, download a copy of Intuition’s Girls Are Gonna Like Me mixtape when it hits the ‘net later this month, and mark your calendars for the Jan. 26 release of his similarly-titled studio album, Girls Like Me.
Written by richard on 12/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Stink at Naming Freestyles" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.