The n-word—to use it, or not to use it? Still unsettled after decades’ worth of arguments on both sides, it’s a controversy that seems destined to plague rap as long as race, and racism, continue to exist. On this newly-released record off his collaborative EP with beatsmith EOM, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Intalek explores the word’s power to provoke—in the process using it upwards of 100 times. His behind-the-boards collaborator gets in on the fun as well, repeatedly sampling Michael Richards’ infamous racist tirade as the Virginia Beach emcee builds to an incendiary conclusion: “I’m only sayin ‘n**ga’ so much in this song to prove it / No matter how it’s said, it’s still a word that we usin’ / So understand, color and creed don’t mean a damn / There’s n**gas on every land, from here to Japan.” Sure to spur healthy debate in the Booth and beyond, this joint is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on the emcee/producer duo’s LA VA EP, scheduled for release in November.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.