The n-word—to use it, or not to use it? Still unsettled after decades’ worth of arguments on both sides, it’s a controversy that seems destined to plague rap as long as race, and racism, continue to exist. On this newly-released record off his collaborative EP with beatsmith EOM, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Intalek explores the word’s power to provoke—in the process using it upwards of 100 times. His behind-the-boards collaborator gets in on the fun as well, repeatedly sampling Michael Richards’ infamous racist tirade as the Virginia Beach emcee builds to an incendiary conclusion: “I’m only sayin ‘n**ga’ so much in this song to prove it / No matter how it’s said, it’s still a word that we usin’ / So understand, color and creed don’t mean a damn / There’s n**gas on every land, from here to Japan.” Sure to spur healthy debate in the Booth and beyond, this joint is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on the emcee/producer duo’s LA VA EP, scheduled for release in November.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!