The n-word—to use it, or not to use it? Still unsettled after decades’ worth of arguments on both sides, it’s a controversy that seems destined to plague rap as long as race, and racism, continue to exist. On this newly-released record off his collaborative EP with beatsmith EOM, making its world premiere right here in the Booth, Intalek explores the word’s power to provoke—in the process using it upwards of 100 times. His behind-the-boards collaborator gets in on the fun as well, repeatedly sampling Michael Richards’ infamous racist tirade as the Virginia Beach emcee builds to an incendiary conclusion: “I’m only sayin ‘n**ga’ so much in this song to prove it / No matter how it’s said, it’s still a word that we usin’ / So understand, color and creed don’t mean a damn / There’s n**gas on every land, from here to Japan.” Sure to spur healthy debate in the Booth and beyond, this joint is just the beginning of the fresh material to be found on the emcee/producer duo’s LA VA EP, scheduled for release in November.
Written by richard on 09/5/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.