It has been a minute since last we heard from India.Arie... well, more like 2,257,920 minutes. For those who can’t do the math in your head (which should be all of you), her last Booth future, Chocolate High, came in December of 2008, when Bush was still president. Now, in Obama’s second term, the R&B songstress makes her grand re-entrance into the Booth with Cocoa Butter, the lead single from her upcoming album. Atop the smooth, chilled-out beat, produced by Arie and Shannon Sanders, the artist proves that she hasn’t lost a step, showcasing the same elegant style that won her multiple Grammy Awards. The song is aptly-named; although she’s rhyming about the soothing effect her new boo has on her, the title could just as easily be referring to her silky-smooth vocals. In any case, the record is sure to get listeners interested in SongVersation, which is scheduled to drop June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Not My Hair" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.