It has been a minute since last we heard from India.Arie... well, more like 2,257,920 minutes. For those who can’t do the math in your head (which should be all of you), her last Booth future, Chocolate High, came in December of 2008, when Bush was still president. Now, in Obama’s second term, the R&B songstress makes her grand re-entrance into the Booth with Cocoa Butter, the lead single from her upcoming album. Atop the smooth, chilled-out beat, produced by Arie and Shannon Sanders, the artist proves that she hasn’t lost a step, showcasing the same elegant style that won her multiple Grammy Awards. The song is aptly-named; although she’s rhyming about the soothing effect her new boo has on her, the title could just as easily be referring to her silky-smooth vocals. In any case, the record is sure to get listeners interested in SongVersation, which is scheduled to drop June 25.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Not My Hair" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.