When we first met India Shawn back in 2012, she was Sinking Into the comfortable embrace of a new relationship. Two years on, love still keeps the ATL singer/songwriter tethered to the ground. When her man isn’t by her side, though, she feels in imminent danger of Floating Away. Da Internz‘s beat, featuring airy synths anchored by a mellow, yet driving rhythm section, accompanies Shawn as she expresses her longing for the stability said fella supplies. Cocaine ‘80s frontman James Fauntleroy lends his inimitable studio-tweaked harmonies to the chorus, as well as taking center stage on the second verse. Floating Away is part of Shawn’s next LP, Outer Limits. Keep it locked to the Booth for more on the project, set to drop at a yet-undetermined date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.