When we first met India Shawn back in 2012, she was Sinking Into the comfortable embrace of a new relationship. Two years on, love still keeps the ATL singer/songwriter tethered to the ground. When her man isn’t by her side, though, she feels in imminent danger of Floating Away. Da Internz‘s beat, featuring airy synths anchored by a mellow, yet driving rhythm section, accompanies Shawn as she expresses her longing for the stability said fella supplies. Cocaine ‘80s frontman James Fauntleroy lends his inimitable studio-tweaked harmonies to the chorus, as well as taking center stage on the second verse. Floating Away is part of Shawn’s next LP, Outer Limits. Keep it locked to the Booth for more on the project, set to drop at a yet-undetermined date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.