When we first met India Shawn back in 2012, she was Sinking Into the comfortable embrace of a new relationship. Two years on, love still keeps the ATL singer/songwriter tethered to the ground. When her man isn’t by her side, though, she feels in imminent danger of Floating Away. Da Internz‘s beat, featuring airy synths anchored by a mellow, yet driving rhythm section, accompanies Shawn as she expresses her longing for the stability said fella supplies. Cocaine ‘80s frontman James Fauntleroy lends his inimitable studio-tweaked harmonies to the chorus, as well as taking center stage on the second verse. Floating Away is part of Shawn’s next LP, Outer Limits. Keep it locked to the Booth for more on the project, set to drop at a yet-undetermined date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.