When we first met India Shawn back in 2012, she was Sinking Into the comfortable embrace of a new relationship. Two years on, love still keeps the ATL singer/songwriter tethered to the ground. When her man isn’t by her side, though, she feels in imminent danger of Floating Away. Da Internz‘s beat, featuring airy synths anchored by a mellow, yet driving rhythm section, accompanies Shawn as she expresses her longing for the stability said fella supplies. Cocaine ‘80s frontman James Fauntleroy lends his inimitable studio-tweaked harmonies to the chorus, as well as taking center stage on the second verse. Floating Away is part of Shawn’s next LP, Outer Limits. Keep it locked to the Booth for more on the project, set to drop at a yet-undetermined date later this year.
Written by richard on 03/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.