Ever have that kind of love for a song that’s fleeting, to say the least? You know, the kind where you think it’s the greatest song in the world, you tell everyone you’ve ever met about it and you play it on repeat for a short while, but then it gets lost in the abyss of your music library? That isn’t the type of love you will have for India.Arie’s latest effort, This Love. On the contrary, I predict you’ll have this song in steady rotation for a long, long period of time. Atop a feathery, minimal beat from the artist herself and co-producer Shannon Sanders, which is driven by a soulful vocal sample, Arie impresses with an understated yet fluttering vocal performance that is very easy on the ears. If you desire more where this came from, be sure to support Arie’s upcoming album, Songversation, when it hits record stores and online retailers next week via Motown.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Not My Hair" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.