Ever have that kind of love for a song that’s fleeting, to say the least? You know, the kind where you think it’s the greatest song in the world, you tell everyone you’ve ever met about it and you play it on repeat for a short while, but then it gets lost in the abyss of your music library? That isn’t the type of love you will have for India.Arie’s latest effort, This Love. On the contrary, I predict you’ll have this song in steady rotation for a long, long period of time. Atop a feathery, minimal beat from the artist herself and co-producer Shannon Sanders, which is driven by a soulful vocal sample, Arie impresses with an understated yet fluttering vocal performance that is very easy on the ears. If you desire more where this came from, be sure to support Arie’s upcoming album, Songversation, when it hits record stores and online retailers next week via Motown.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/19/13
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Am Not My Hair" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.