India.Arie is back with “I Am Not My Hair” the first single off her upcoming spring 2006 release. Always very passionate about her music, nothing changes here. With radio play limited for true neo-soul artists, such as Arie, this very fluid single seems like a progressive step in the right direction. Possibly acting as a beneficiary for similar artists such as Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu.
Written by d mac on 01/26/06
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chocolate High ft. Musiq Soulchild" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.