India.Arie is back with “I Am Not My Hair” the first single off her upcoming spring 2006 release. Always very passionate about her music, nothing changes here. With radio play limited for true neo-soul artists, such as Arie, this very fluid single seems like a progressive step in the right direction. Possibly acting as a beneficiary for similar artists such as Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu.
Written by d mac on 01/26/06
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chocolate High ft. Musiq Soulchild" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.