India.Arie is back with “I Am Not My Hair” the first single off her upcoming spring 2006 release. Always very passionate about her music, nothing changes here. With radio play limited for true neo-soul artists, such as Arie, this very fluid single seems like a progressive step in the right direction. Possibly acting as a beneficiary for similar artists such as Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu.
Written by d mac on 01/26/06
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chocolate High ft. Musiq Soulchild" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.