India.Arie is back with “I Am Not My Hair” the first single off her upcoming spring 2006 release. Always very passionate about her music, nothing changes here. With radio play limited for true neo-soul artists, such as Arie, this very fluid single seems like a progressive step in the right direction. Possibly acting as a beneficiary for similar artists such as Jill Scott, Anthony Hamilton and Erykah Badu.
Written by d mac on 01/26/06
Submit your Rating
Soulbird/ Motown Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Chocolate High ft. Musiq Soulchild" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)