According to popular culture, the musical entertainment beyond the Pearly Gates consists mainly of angelic choirs and a whole lotta harp. Which sounds nice and all, but where are you supposed to get your fix of dope rhymes? On their latest single, Heavenly, ATL twosome iNDEED give us paradise with a hip-hop twist. The instrumental, which comes courtesy of DJ Burn One and 5PMG, blends the musical elements mentioned above with more modern touches, like arena-ready guitar, an intricate bassline and thumping percussion. Lyrically, partners-in-rhyme Ricky Fontaine and Walt Live blur the line between the sacred and the worldly, paying tribute to a woman whose allurements are so powerful that it’s hard to believe she comes from mortal origins: “She must hang with gods on Mount Olympus.” This divinely-inspired jam is attached to a forthcoming LP, the title and drop date of which have yet to be announced. In the meantime, why not take a listen to iNDEED’s last (and first) DJBooth feature, January 2012’s Bl4cK T34rS?
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
Five Points Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bl4cK T34rS" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)