According to popular culture, the musical entertainment beyond the Pearly Gates consists mainly of angelic choirs and a whole lotta harp. Which sounds nice and all, but where are you supposed to get your fix of dope rhymes? On their latest single, Heavenly, ATL twosome iNDEED give us paradise with a hip-hop twist. The instrumental, which comes courtesy of DJ Burn One and 5PMG, blends the musical elements mentioned above with more modern touches, like arena-ready guitar, an intricate bassline and thumping percussion. Lyrically, partners-in-rhyme Ricky Fontaine and Walt Live blur the line between the sacred and the worldly, paying tribute to a woman whose allurements are so powerful that it’s hard to believe she comes from mortal origins: “She must hang with gods on Mount Olympus.” This divinely-inspired jam is attached to a forthcoming LP, the title and drop date of which have yet to be announced. In the meantime, why not take a listen to iNDEED’s last (and first) DJBooth feature, January 2012’s Bl4cK T34rS?
Written by richard on 04/7/14
Submit your Rating
Five Points Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bl4cK T34rS" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.