With the ‘80s nostalgia currently sweeping the urban music scene, could it be time for the Jheri curl to make its big comeback? Uh, maybe not… thanks in part to the famous Soul Glo spoof from Eddie Murphy’s ‘88 blockbuster Coming to America (recently seen in 50 Cent‘s “Pimpin’ Curly” video), it will probably be a very long while before the high-maintenance hairstyle comes full circle from “pop-culture punchline” to “legitimate fashion statement.” On Incyte‘s first Booth feature, the Pittsburgh emcee flips that memorable parody into a tribute to a female who glows with an inner beauty evident to everyone except her unappreciative man. While Sound Boro‘s hilariously catchy Chipmunk-pitched sample is bound to attract the lion’s share of reader attention, the Steel City emcee’s earnest rhymes shine equally brightly—unlike the fictional hair-care product from which this track takes its name, his game-spitting is silky-smooth without being slicked-up or greasy. Sure to induce head-bobbing and a few belly laughs, this track can be found on Incyte’s Deejay Deez-hosted Cyte Beyond Sight mixtape, available now online.
Listen to More: Incyte
Written by richard on 08/30/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.