Friends, Booth-ians, countrymen, lend me your ears and take a listen to Tried By 12 Brooklyn Kidz. OK, so you aren’t lending me your ears—really, you are lending them to The Incomparable Shakespeare—but you get the point. While the production may not be original, Shakespeare makes it sound brand spankin’ new. Over the classic instrumentals from Jemini The Gifted One’s Brooklyn Kids, East Flatbush Project’s Tried By 12 and MC Lyte‘s Paper Thin, Shake spits some very intriguing, deep bars in an agile, seasoned flow. Despite the ever-changing production, Shakespeare doesn’t miss a step, weaving in and out of the beat like the rap game’s Adrian Peterson. This record will not be part of the emcee’s forthcoming project, the currently-unscheduled By Any Dreams Necessary. Rather, it is the first of three freestyles in his newly-launched #InvincibleDream series.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view The Incomparable Shakespeare’s Sino-directed Tried by 12 Brooklyn Kidz visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!