Earlier this month, The Incomparable Shakespeare brought his #InvincibleDream trilogy to its thrilling conclusion with the reader-acclaimed Re_Mind Complexity. Today, he’s back with freestyle number five (we missed number four, we’re very sorry). “But Richard,” I hear you protesting, ”that doesn’t make any f**king sense.” No, it doesn’t—but Supa Star Proceedings is so dope it’d be a shame to sweat the details. A sample from a recent interview with Jay Z (“ I’m a man who writes poetry. Why not compare yourself to the best?”) sets the tone for this action-packed jam, which sees the NYC underground mainstay flexing his lyrical muscles over classic instrumentals from The Roots’ Proceed V (produced by The Beatminerz) and Group Home’s Supa Star (produced by DJ Premier). Now that the trilogy’s expanded into a quadrilogy, there’s no telling how far Shake might take it. As always, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for standout installments in the ongoing series.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.