Earlier this month, The Incomparable Shakespeare brought his #InvincibleDream trilogy to its thrilling conclusion with the reader-acclaimed Re_Mind Complexity. Today, he’s back with freestyle number five (we missed number four, we’re very sorry). “But Richard,” I hear you protesting, ”that doesn’t make any f**king sense.” No, it doesn’t—but Supa Star Proceedings is so dope it’d be a shame to sweat the details. A sample from a recent interview with Jay Z (“ I’m a man who writes poetry. Why not compare yourself to the best?”) sets the tone for this action-packed jam, which sees the NYC underground mainstay flexing his lyrical muscles over classic instrumentals from The Roots’ Proceed V (produced by The Beatminerz) and Group Home’s Supa Star (produced by DJ Premier). Now that the trilogy’s expanded into a quadrilogy, there’s no telling how far Shake might take it. As always, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for standout installments in the ongoing series.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.