Earlier this month, The Incomparable Shakespeare brought his #InvincibleDream trilogy to its thrilling conclusion with the reader-acclaimed Re_Mind Complexity. Today, he’s back with freestyle number five (we missed number four, we’re very sorry). “But Richard,” I hear you protesting, ”that doesn’t make any f**king sense.” No, it doesn’t—but Supa Star Proceedings is so dope it’d be a shame to sweat the details. A sample from a recent interview with Jay Z (“ I’m a man who writes poetry. Why not compare yourself to the best?”) sets the tone for this action-packed jam, which sees the NYC underground mainstay flexing his lyrical muscles over classic instrumentals from The Roots’ Proceed V (produced by The Beatminerz) and Group Home’s Supa Star (produced by DJ Premier). Now that the trilogy’s expanded into a quadrilogy, there’s no telling how far Shake might take it. As always, you can keep it locked to the DJBooth for standout installments in the ongoing series.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.