Notorious B.I.G. loved it when you called him Big Poppa, but Brooklyn trendsetter The Incomparable Shakespeare prefers if the ladies keep his nickname a little more direct; if you’re a fly honey you can just call him Shaky Baby. Although he’s been largely absent from our pages since the release of his British Invasion project, Shakespeare…wait, can I call him Shaky?...ok then, Shaky is back to making music and new promo single Shaky Baby is his comeback announcement. While producer The RL shapes one of the more easily enjoyable beats I’ve heard in a minute, complete with the requisite female call and response on the hook, Shaky flows over the soaring beat with ease, dropping rewind worthy lines like, “call me Obama…I’m running for office….flow so sick I make myself nauseous.” We don’t know exactly what Shaky’s got up his sleeves yet, but he promises there’s much more where Shaky Baby came from on the way. In the meantime, why not prepare for his return by downloading British Invasion right now? Sorry, that wasn’t supposed to be a question. You should download it. Now.
Listen to More: The Incomparable Shakespeare
Written by Nathan S. on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.