The Incomparable Shakespeare started his three-part #InvincibleDream Freestyles series strong, receiving an average 3.4-star reader rating for Tried by 12 Brooklyn Kidz, and bumped that up to 4.0 with follow-up Hiatus Unique. While trilogies with stellar beginnings and middles often falter when it comes to the third and final installment (Think The Godfather Part 3), the NYC mainstay just might have bucked that trend with the newly-released Re_Mind Complexity. Like its predecessors, this freestyle incorporates elements from multiple classic cuts; Vinyl Reanimators’ boom-bap boardwork from L The Head Toucha’s Too Complex backs Shakes’ complex, confident bars, and guest vocalist Claire Skyes draws from Patrice Rushen’s Remind Me on the chorus. Has The Incomparable Shakespeare topped himself yet again? I’ll let y’all lay down the final verdict. Though this joint marks the end of #Invincible Dream Freestyles, we’ll keep you posted on the emcee’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 07/10/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.