To listen or not to listen to the latest effort from The Incomparable Shakespeare, that is the question. Actually, if that’s your question then congrats, you have proven the saying “There are no stupid questions” wrong; the only answer is yes. On the latest installment in his #InvincibleDream Freestyles series, Shake combines two classics, Diamond D’s Hiatus and AZ’s Rather Unique (produced by the legendary Pete Rock); hence the title of the freestyle, Hiatus Unique. While most emcees would struggle over these classic beats individually, Incomparable Shakespeare does both justice, displaying a crisp, clean delivery and a seasoned lyrical style. With Hiatus Unique and last week’s Tried By 12 Brooklyn Kidz, The Incomparable Shakespeare’s #InvincibleDream series is two for two. Let’s hope he continues his winning ways as he builds to the release of his new album, By Any Dreams Necessary.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"New York Swagger" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.