Departing from his usual lyrically-centered style, The Incomparable Shakespeare makes an enjoyable foray into crossover/pop territory on new mixtape single Edge of My Seat. Singer/songwriter and musical partner Jon Solo provides a mellow guitar backdrop, complete with a breezy chorus, over which Shakespeare chronicles his affair with a frustratingly indecisive female. Complete with the guest rhymes of Crack collaborator Probe-DMS, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Mix Mssg, which has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to view a behind-the-scenes video of this joint’s recording process.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)