Departing from his usual lyrically-centered style, The Incomparable Shakespeare makes an enjoyable foray into crossover/pop territory on new mixtape single Edge of My Seat. Singer/songwriter and musical partner Jon Solo provides a mellow guitar backdrop, complete with a breezy chorus, over which Shakespeare chronicles his affair with a frustratingly indecisive female. Complete with the guest rhymes of Crack collaborator Probe-DMS, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Mix Mssg, which has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to view a behind-the-scenes video of this joint’s recording process.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.