Departing from his usual lyrically-centered style, The Incomparable Shakespeare makes an enjoyable foray into crossover/pop territory on new mixtape single Edge of My Seat. Singer/songwriter and musical partner Jon Solo provides a mellow guitar backdrop, complete with a breezy chorus, over which Shakespeare chronicles his affair with a frustratingly indecisive female. Complete with the guest rhymes of Crack collaborator Probe-DMS, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Mix Mssg, which has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to view a behind-the-scenes video of this joint’s recording process.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.