Departing from his usual lyrically-centered style, The Incomparable Shakespeare makes an enjoyable foray into crossover/pop territory on new mixtape single Edge of My Seat. Singer/songwriter and musical partner Jon Solo provides a mellow guitar backdrop, complete with a breezy chorus, over which Shakespeare chronicles his affair with a frustratingly indecisive female. Complete with the guest rhymes of Crack collaborator Probe-DMS, this is just one of many fresh cuts to be found on Mix Mssg, which has yet to receive a drop date. In the meantime, fans can click here to view a behind-the-scenes video of this joint’s recording process.
Written by richard on 05/19/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.