Immortal Technique has never been one to mince words. The 3rd World, the title track off his upcoming album, is a heavy-hitting, flag-waving, no nonsense probe into the ills of developing countries. Set amongst a dark beat by DJ Green Lantern, the Harlem-based rapper comes across as his typical self: angry, provocative, and out for blood. Born mid-civil war in a Peruvian military hospital, Immortal Technique is no stranger to the third world, a fact that we are constantly reminded of throughout this dynamic track. If the rest of The 3rd World, his first full-length album in five years, packs as much heat as its lead single, fans and revolutionaries alike will eat it right up.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rebel ft. Immortal Technique, Ness & Hasan Salaam" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.