Immortal Technique has never been one to mince words. The 3rd World, the title track off his upcoming album, is a heavy-hitting, flag-waving, no nonsense probe into the ills of developing countries. Set amongst a dark beat by DJ Green Lantern, the Harlem-based rapper comes across as his typical self: angry, provocative, and out for blood. Born mid-civil war in a Peruvian military hospital, Immortal Technique is no stranger to the third world, a fact that we are constantly reminded of throughout this dynamic track. If the rest of The 3rd World, his first full-length album in five years, packs as much heat as its lead single, fans and revolutionaries alike will eat it right up.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rebel ft. Immortal Technique, Ness & Hasan Salaam" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.