Immortal Technique has never been one to mince words. The 3rd World, the title track off his upcoming album, is a heavy-hitting, flag-waving, no nonsense probe into the ills of developing countries. Set amongst a dark beat by DJ Green Lantern, the Harlem-based rapper comes across as his typical self: angry, provocative, and out for blood. Born mid-civil war in a Peruvian military hospital, Immortal Technique is no stranger to the third world, a fact that we are constantly reminded of throughout this dynamic track. If the rest of The 3rd World, his first full-length album in five years, packs as much heat as its lead single, fans and revolutionaries alike will eat it right up.
Listen to More: Immortal Technique
Written by Charlie E. on 05/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rebel ft. Immortal Technique, Ness & Hasan Salaam" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.