Immortal Technique has never been one to mince words. The 3rd World, the title track off his upcoming album, is a heavy-hitting, flag-waving, no nonsense probe into the ills of developing countries. Set amongst a dark beat by DJ Green Lantern, the Harlem-based rapper comes across as his typical self: angry, provocative, and out for blood. Born mid-civil war in a Peruvian military hospital, Immortal Technique is no stranger to the third world, a fact that we are constantly reminded of throughout this dynamic track. If the rest of The 3rd World, his first full-length album in five years, packs as much heat as its lead single, fans and revolutionaries alike will eat it right up.
Written by Charlie E. on 05/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Rebel ft. Immortal Technique, Ness & Hasan Salaam" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.