Bronx up-and-comer ImJaeHall may be new to our pages, but you can tell a lot about him simply from his city of origin. As he emphasizes on his latest promo single, everything about him and his music is NY Inspired. Over Spiphy‘s midtempo synth-sample beat, the artist takes us on a guided tour of his hometown, hitting the projects, the MoMA and everywhere in between. In addition, he assuages any doubts regarding his tenacity and determination to succeed by filling listeners in on his struggle-ridden background: “I’ve been through hell and back; how could you ever doubt a n*gga?” This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but those who like what they’re hearing can watch our pages for the latest from this promising first-time featuree.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.