Bronx up-and-comer ImJaeHall may be new to our pages, but you can tell a lot about him simply from his city of origin. As he emphasizes on his latest promo single, everything about him and his music is NY Inspired. Over Spiphy‘s midtempo synth-sample beat, the artist takes us on a guided tour of his hometown, hitting the projects, the MoMA and everywhere in between. In addition, he assuages any doubts regarding his tenacity and determination to succeed by filling listeners in on his struggle-ridden background: “I’ve been through hell and back; how could you ever doubt a n*gga?” This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but those who like what they’re hearing can watch our pages for the latest from this promising first-time featuree.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)