Bronx up-and-comer ImJaeHall may be new to our pages, but you can tell a lot about him simply from his city of origin. As he emphasizes on his latest promo single, everything about him and his music is NY Inspired. Over Spiphy‘s midtempo synth-sample beat, the artist takes us on a guided tour of his hometown, hitting the projects, the MoMA and everywhere in between. In addition, he assuages any doubts regarding his tenacity and determination to succeed by filling listeners in on his struggle-ridden background: “I’ve been through hell and back; how could you ever doubt a n*gga?” This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but those who like what they’re hearing can watch our pages for the latest from this promising first-time featuree.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.