Bronx up-and-comer ImJaeHall may be new to our pages, but you can tell a lot about him simply from his city of origin. As he emphasizes on his latest promo single, everything about him and his music is NY Inspired. Over Spiphy‘s midtempo synth-sample beat, the artist takes us on a guided tour of his hometown, hitting the projects, the MoMA and everywhere in between. In addition, he assuages any doubts regarding his tenacity and determination to succeed by filling listeners in on his struggle-ridden background: “I’ve been through hell and back; how could you ever doubt a n*gga?” This Big Apple anthem isn’t part of a larger set, but those who like what they’re hearing can watch our pages for the latest from this promising first-time featuree.
Written by richard on 09/26/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.