Just hours after showing up as a guest on Trinidad Jame$‘s latest mixtape single, H.O.M.E. (Hating on Me), ILOVEMAKONNEN is back on our front page with his first solo Booth feature. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the ATLien buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on the ladies lined up at his doorstep and the label execs blowing up his phone, looking back on the days not long ago when those same people Doubted him. His verses and chorus, delivered in a sandpapery croak, come backed by the slinky synth production of Sonny Digital. Key! tops the record off with an Auto-Tuned closing 16. Doubted is just a loosie. While you wait for more fresh material, though, why not take another listen to Drizzy‘s remix of MAKONNEN’s Tuesday single?
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.