Just hours after showing up as a guest on Trinidad Jame$‘s latest mixtape single, H.O.M.E. (Hating on Me), ILOVEMAKONNEN is back on our front page with his first solo Booth feature. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the ATLien buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on the ladies lined up at his doorstep and the label execs blowing up his phone, looking back on the days not long ago when those same people Doubted him. His verses and chorus, delivered in a sandpapery croak, come backed by the slinky synth production of Sonny Digital. Key! tops the record off with an Auto-Tuned closing 16. Doubted is just a loosie. While you wait for more fresh material, though, why not take another listen to Drizzy‘s remix of MAKONNEN’s Tuesday single?
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- How a Music Video Is Made: A Mock Treatment With Rapsody
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.