Just hours after showing up as a guest on Trinidad Jame$‘s latest mixtape single, H.O.M.E. (Hating on Me), ILOVEMAKONNEN is back on our front page with his first solo Booth feature. On this freshly-minted promo cut, the ATLien buzzmaker reflects with satisfaction on the ladies lined up at his doorstep and the label execs blowing up his phone, looking back on the days not long ago when those same people Doubted him. His verses and chorus, delivered in a sandpapery croak, come backed by the slinky synth production of Sonny Digital. Key! tops the record off with an Auto-Tuned closing 16. Doubted is just a loosie. While you wait for more fresh material, though, why not take another listen to Drizzy‘s remix of MAKONNEN’s Tuesday single?
Written by richard on 08/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.