During The ILLZ’ relatively brief but bright stay on DJBooth we’ve heard the eclectically talented producer and emcee sample everyone from electro group Passion Pit to folk singer Beth Orton, so I wasn’t even remotely surprised when he dropped off his intense new promo single Dark Side of the Room, a track that (we can only assume) was influenced by Pink Floyd’s classic Dark Side of the Moon album. If you’re looking for a song to play during your first spring barbecue, Dark Side is not that song (unless your guests are into experimental hip-hop). Centered around a hypnotically shaking beat courtesy of Eliot Lipp, Dark Side is the New Jersey native at his most lyrically unflinching and aggressive, resulting in a dopely creative track that’s simply not for the faint of heart. Dark Side of the Room can be found on ILLZ’ DJBooth.net-cosponsored The Pursuit LP and make sure to keep it locked to the hip-hop site with all the latest updates on The ILLZ. That’d be DJBooth for all you slow folks.
Listen to More: The ILLZ
Written by Nathan S. on 03/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.