During The ILLZ’ relatively brief but bright stay on DJBooth we’ve heard the eclectically talented producer and emcee sample everyone from electro group Passion Pit to folk singer Beth Orton, so I wasn’t even remotely surprised when he dropped off his intense new promo single Dark Side of the Room, a track that (we can only assume) was influenced by Pink Floyd’s classic Dark Side of the Moon album. If you’re looking for a song to play during your first spring barbecue, Dark Side is not that song (unless your guests are into experimental hip-hop). Centered around a hypnotically shaking beat courtesy of Eliot Lipp, Dark Side is the New Jersey native at his most lyrically unflinching and aggressive, resulting in a dopely creative track that’s simply not for the faint of heart. Dark Side of the Room can be found on ILLZ’ DJBooth.net-cosponsored The Pursuit LP and make sure to keep it locked to the hip-hop site with all the latest updates on The ILLZ. That’d be DJBooth for all you slow folks.
Listen to More: The ILLZ Written by Nathan S.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.