During The ILLZ’ relatively brief but bright stay on DJBooth we’ve heard the eclectically talented producer and emcee sample everyone from electro group Passion Pit to folk singer Beth Orton, so I wasn’t even remotely surprised when he dropped off his intense new promo single Dark Side of the Room, a track that (we can only assume) was influenced by Pink Floyd’s classic Dark Side of the Moon album. If you’re looking for a song to play during your first spring barbecue, Dark Side is not that song (unless your guests are into experimental hip-hop). Centered around a hypnotically shaking beat courtesy of Eliot Lipp, Dark Side is the New Jersey native at his most lyrically unflinching and aggressive, resulting in a dopely creative track that’s simply not for the faint of heart. Dark Side of the Room can be found on ILLZ’ DJBooth.net-cosponsored The Pursuit LP and make sure to keep it locked to the hip-hop site with all the latest updates on The ILLZ. That’d be DJBooth for all you slow folks.
Written by Nathan S. on 03/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.