During The ILLZ’ relatively brief but bright stay on DJBooth we’ve heard the eclectically talented producer and emcee sample everyone from electro group Passion Pit to folk singer Beth Orton, so I wasn’t even remotely surprised when he dropped off his intense new promo single Dark Side of the Room, a track that (we can only assume) was influenced by Pink Floyd’s classic Dark Side of the Moon album. If you’re looking for a song to play during your first spring barbecue, Dark Side is not that song (unless your guests are into experimental hip-hop). Centered around a hypnotically shaking beat courtesy of Eliot Lipp, Dark Side is the New Jersey native at his most lyrically unflinching and aggressive, resulting in a dopely creative track that’s simply not for the faint of heart. Dark Side of the Room can be found on ILLZ’ DJBooth.net-cosponsored The Pursuit LP and make sure to keep it locked to the hip-hop site with all the latest updates on The ILLZ. That’d be DJBooth for all you slow folks.
Listen to More: The ILLZ
Written by Nathan S. on 03/15/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.