With an uncanny knack for flipping eclectic samples into heartfelt, genre-blending jams that are nonetheless hip-hop through and through, Booth-approved up-and-comer The ILLZ has trained his fans to expect the unexpected – and on his latest feature, newly-leaked off Reupspot‘s New Slang compilation mixtape, he faithfully delivers just that. Come In finds the multi-talented Jersey native lacing a woozy synth groove borrowed from N.Y. electronic group Passion Pit’s Swimming in the Flood with characteristically impassioned rhymes, expressing his regret that life on the road separates him from his girl: “And I know, even though I’ve gotta go, for the time I’m away every second I will miss her…”“ This sweeping jam, along with K. Sparks’ Rock the Party and BOOGNIGHTS’ Cheers!, can be found on New Slang, released this past Tuesday and out now online. For more of the ILLZ’ emotionally-charged brand of underground hip-hop, check out his Booth-sponsored The Pursuit LP, available for download here.
Written by richard on 01/10/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.