Ain’t nothing wrong with cultivating a fly appearance but, when you go into debt simply to add another pair of sneakers to your closet, that’s just sick—and not in the “bad-meaning-good” sense. On new single Fresh (So Ill), making its world premiere on our front page, Wilin duo IllSmith caution broke jokes to leave stunting to those with the bankroll to back it up. Double Time‘s grimy percussion and clipped synth wails, T-Dot vet Kardinal Offishall satirizes those who choose fashion over life’s necessities: “People dyin’ for Jordans, Jordan dyin’ of laughter though / You just spent your last three bills hustling backwards, yo!” IllSmith’s DJBooth-hosted debut “FreEP,” The Murkle, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to our front page for further singles and release details.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.