Ain’t nothing wrong with cultivating a fly appearance but, when you go into debt simply to add another pair of sneakers to your closet, that’s just sick—and not in the “bad-meaning-good” sense. On new single Fresh (So Ill), making its world premiere on our front page, Wilin duo IllSmith caution broke jokes to leave stunting to those with the bankroll to back it up. Double Time‘s grimy percussion and clipped synth wails, T-Dot vet Kardinal Offishall satirizes those who choose fashion over life’s necessities: “People dyin’ for Jordans, Jordan dyin’ of laughter though / You just spent your last three bills hustling backwards, yo!” IllSmith’s DJBooth-hosted debut “FreEP,” The Murkle, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to our front page for further singles and release details.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.