Ain’t nothing wrong with cultivating a fly appearance but, when you go into debt simply to add another pair of sneakers to your closet, that’s just sick—and not in the “bad-meaning-good” sense. On new single Fresh (So Ill), making its world premiere on our front page, Wilin duo IllSmith caution broke jokes to leave stunting to those with the bankroll to back it up. Double Time‘s grimy percussion and clipped synth wails, T-Dot vet Kardinal Offishall satirizes those who choose fashion over life’s necessities: “People dyin’ for Jordans, Jordan dyin’ of laughter though / You just spent your last three bills hustling backwards, yo!” IllSmith’s DJBooth-hosted debut “FreEP,” The Murkle, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to our front page for further singles and release details.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.