Ain’t nothing wrong with cultivating a fly appearance but, when you go into debt simply to add another pair of sneakers to your closet, that’s just sick—and not in the “bad-meaning-good” sense. On new single Fresh (So Ill), making its world premiere on our front page, Wilin duo IllSmith caution broke jokes to leave stunting to those with the bankroll to back it up. Double Time‘s grimy percussion and clipped synth wails, T-Dot vet Kardinal Offishall satirizes those who choose fashion over life’s necessities: “People dyin’ for Jordans, Jordan dyin’ of laughter though / You just spent your last three bills hustling backwards, yo!” IllSmith’s DJBooth-hosted debut “FreEP,” The Murkle, as yet lacks a drop date, but fans can keep it locked to our front page for further singles and release details.
Written by richard on 04/8/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.