Though Illogic is a new face to the DJBooth, he has actually been practicing the art of lyrical wordplay for more than ten years, releasing various EPs and LPs in his hometown of Columbus, Ohio. After a five-year hiatus, Illogic is back and ready to release his newest set of rhymes, Diabolical Fun, on March 24. The first single, Let’s Go, shows that he hasn’t lost a step; over a jazzy beat from Ill Poetic, Illogic brings listeners some ill poetry (sorry, couldn’t resist), spitting lines that listeners will want to record in their quotebooks. Old-school fans will love it, and, given the direction the new school is going, they’ll find a lot to like as well.
Written by Burmy on 01/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Clap Ya Hands" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.