Before any grand scheme takes place, a grand plan is born. Decisions are made. Problems are solved. Rules are created. In Illmaculate‘s latest single, Take A Hit, the Portland emcee lays out this precise protocol before aiming to take over the Rap game. To help, Chase Moore provides a smooth guitar driven beat for some serious plotting sessions. After putting in his time in the battle rap circuits, Ill understands that before he makes a mill, he’ll have to make a million mistakes—something most rappers are afraid to do. In the Artistic Outlet Media directed short film, the single’s title takes on two new, additional meanings. After a home invasion, Ill is forced to take out his partner due to his greed, but takes a shot to the abdomen in the process. He takes the literal hit by committing an unplanned murder. Sincerely, though, we hope no more problems come Illmaculate’s way, fictional or not, as he continues to promote his latest album, Clay Pigeons.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.