Before any grand scheme takes place, a grand plan is born. Decisions are made. Problems are solved. Rules are created. In Illmaculate‘s latest single, Take A Hit, the Portland emcee lays out this precise protocol before aiming to take over the Rap game. To help, Chase Moore provides a smooth guitar driven beat for some serious plotting sessions. After putting in his time in the battle rap circuits, Ill understands that before he makes a mill, he’ll have to make a million mistakes—something most rappers are afraid to do. In the Artistic Outlet Media directed short film, the single’s title takes on two new, additional meanings. After a home invasion, Ill is forced to take out his partner due to his greed, but takes a shot to the abdomen in the process. He takes the literal hit by committing an unplanned murder. Sincerely, though, we hope no more problems come Illmaculate’s way, fictional or not, as he continues to promote his latest album, Clay Pigeons.
Written by Bryan H on 04/24/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.