In The Matrix, Lawrence Fishburne offers Keanu Reeves a choice between the blue pill, which will allow him to return to a life of comfortable illusions, and the red pill, which will set him on the path toward learning the truth. Illmaculate is clearly a “red pill” kind of guy. On new single Do Not Disturb, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Portland rhymesayer slaughters a few of the sacred cows in which much of the American public uncritically places its faith—from electoral democracy, to psychiatry, to the rosy view of history taught in U.S. schools. Worst Nightmare collaborator Chase Moore handles production, backing the artist’s hard-hitting bars with spacey synths and slow-rolling percussion. For Do Not Disturb and much more, cop Illmaculate’s Clay Pigeons LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, March 11.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.