In The Matrix, Lawrence Fishburne offers Keanu Reeves a choice between the blue pill, which will allow him to return to a life of comfortable illusions, and the red pill, which will set him on the path toward learning the truth. Illmaculate is clearly a “red pill” kind of guy. On new single Do Not Disturb, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Portland rhymesayer slaughters a few of the sacred cows in which much of the American public uncritically places its faith—from electoral democracy, to psychiatry, to the rosy view of history taught in U.S. schools. Worst Nightmare collaborator Chase Moore handles production, backing the artist’s hard-hitting bars with spacey synths and slow-rolling percussion. For Do Not Disturb and much more, cop Illmaculate’s Clay Pigeons LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, March 11.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.