In The Matrix, Lawrence Fishburne offers Keanu Reeves a choice between the blue pill, which will allow him to return to a life of comfortable illusions, and the red pill, which will set him on the path toward learning the truth. Illmaculate is clearly a “red pill” kind of guy. On new single Do Not Disturb, making its world premiere in the Booth, the Portland rhymesayer slaughters a few of the sacred cows in which much of the American public uncritically places its faith—from electoral democracy, to psychiatry, to the rosy view of history taught in U.S. schools. Worst Nightmare collaborator Chase Moore handles production, backing the artist’s hard-hitting bars with spacey synths and slow-rolling percussion. For Do Not Disturb and much more, cop Illmaculate’s Clay Pigeons LP when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, March 11.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.