Read my lips, I love Booth newcomers ILLCLINTON. I don’t know what to say about ILL’s Illest Alive other than that it’s, well, ill. On this Booth-exclusive world premiere, the Atlanta rap duo showcase a unique, creative style that would make another legendary A-Town twosome proud (cough, Outkast, cough). Brennan and Blake (the two halves of ILlCLINTON) create the track’s electronic beat with a little bit of attitude. Brennan promptly eviscerates the beat, exhibiting a razor-sharp, out-the-box flow that sets off the instrumental’s gritty undertones. Illest Alive is one of six cuts on ScionAV Presents, The ILL Experiment, set to drop next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/5/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.