If you take bits and pieces of sturdy horns, melancholy harmonizing, common theory R&B subjects and add a mysterious fourth element, you’d have something at least in the same ballpark as iLLA’s Nothing Like. Driven by an electric horn selection and snares from producer Stewie Vuiton, one of the standout cuts from iLLA’s My True Romance EP finds the singer tinkering with Autotune for the kind of warbling that makes you appreciate the device’s best effects (when used properly, of course). iLLA, also known as one half of the duo Moxie Black, let’s his sweet talk reverberate with whimsical musings, stating in a matter of fact sing-song, “All the glamor in the world couldn’t replace you … all the diamonds in the world don’t shine like you.” It’s the kind of tingly sweet R&B mixed with just a hint of darkness that’s perfect for barbecue cookouts and late night strolls. Thanks to the power of iTunes, you can grab all of iLLA’s My True Romance EP right now and stockpile your R&B collection in attempts to woo that special someone. Good luck.
Written by Brando on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.