If you take bits and pieces of sturdy horns, melancholy harmonizing, common theory R&B subjects and add a mysterious fourth element, you’d have something at least in the same ballpark as iLLA’s Nothing Like. Driven by an electric horn selection and snares from producer Stewie Vuiton, one of the standout cuts from iLLA’s My True Romance EP finds the singer tinkering with Autotune for the kind of warbling that makes you appreciate the device’s best effects (when used properly, of course). iLLA, also known as one half of the duo Moxie Black, let’s his sweet talk reverberate with whimsical musings, stating in a matter of fact sing-song, “All the glamor in the world couldn’t replace you … all the diamonds in the world don’t shine like you.” It’s the kind of tingly sweet R&B mixed with just a hint of darkness that’s perfect for barbecue cookouts and late night strolls. Thanks to the power of iTunes, you can grab all of iLLA’s My True Romance EP right now and stockpile your R&B collection in attempts to woo that special someone. Good luck.
Written by Brando on 04/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.