Not seen in the Booth since dropping off Let It Go back in fall 2011, iLLA makes his triumphant return to our pages with the latest single off his forthcoming full-length. On Killin Themselves, making its world premiere along with its iLLA/Renea Hisey/Young Feel Collins-directed visuals, the Moxie Black alum’s own moody, electronic production sets the mood as he tells the story of a woman who “...became a martyr for love.” If this dark selection’s piqued your interest, more fresh tunes await on Max Ernst, scheduled to hit the ‘net May 21.
Written by richard on 04/13/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.