Did you dig How Did This Happen?, the Booth-sponsored debut set by Portland duo Moxie Black? Then you Better not sleep on the latest solo project from iLLA, the vocal half of the rapper/producer duo. The first leak off the artist’s forthcoming “FreEP” is a decidedly chill affair, with Young Asap‘s head-noddably mellow synth-bell boardwork setting the stage for a little soulful stunting from the Northwestern up-and-comer. Using Wu-Tang classic C.R.E.A.M. as a creative springboard, the emcee adresses a special lady, explaining that, though his silver spoon-free upbringing has made him protective of his bankroll, he’s perfectly willing to “blow some gwop” on anything that’ll make her happy – whether it’s a tropical vacation or a name-brand accessory, she need only ask and it’s hers. Money can’t buy you Booth approval but, with more high-quality tunes, iLLA has every chance of earning a special place in readers’ hearts and iPods. But enough from me – what do you think? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s Booth-sponsored iLLA freEP, set to hit our mixtape page in early 2011.
Written by richard on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Star" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.