Did you dig How Did This Happen?, the Booth-sponsored debut set by Portland duo Moxie Black? Then you Better not sleep on the latest solo project from iLLA, the vocal half of the rapper/producer duo. The first leak off the artist’s forthcoming “FreEP” is a decidedly chill affair, with Young Asap‘s head-noddably mellow synth-bell boardwork setting the stage for a little soulful stunting from the Northwestern up-and-comer. Using Wu-Tang classic C.R.E.A.M. as a creative springboard, the emcee adresses a special lady, explaining that, though his silver spoon-free upbringing has made him protective of his bankroll, he’s perfectly willing to “blow some gwop” on anything that’ll make her happy – whether it’s a tropical vacation or a name-brand accessory, she need only ask and it’s hers. Money can’t buy you Booth approval but, with more high-quality tunes, iLLA has every chance of earning a special place in readers’ hearts and iPods. But enough from me – what do you think? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s Booth-sponsored iLLA freEP, set to hit our mixtape page in early 2011.
Written by richard on 11/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Star" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.