Did you dig How Did This Happen?, the Booth-sponsored debut set by Portland duo Moxie Black? Then you Better not sleep on the latest solo project from iLLA, the vocal half of the rapper/producer duo. The first leak off the artist’s forthcoming “FreEP” is a decidedly chill affair, with Young Asap‘s head-noddably mellow synth-bell boardwork setting the stage for a little soulful stunting from the Northwestern up-and-comer. Using Wu-Tang classic C.R.E.A.M. as a creative springboard, the emcee adresses a special lady, explaining that, though his silver spoon-free upbringing has made him protective of his bankroll, he’s perfectly willing to “blow some gwop” on anything that’ll make her happy – whether it’s a tropical vacation or a name-brand accessory, she need only ask and it’s hers. Money can’t buy you Booth approval but, with more high-quality tunes, iLLA has every chance of earning a special place in readers’ hearts and iPods. But enough from me – what do you think? Those craving more should keep it locked for the latest on the artist’s Booth-sponsored iLLA freEP, set to hit our mixtape page in early 2011.
Written by richard on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop Star" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)