Cincy spitter/producer Ill Poetic is no stranger to dope music videos (see recently-released visuals for Gone, which gave viewers a rugged, first-hand look at his ‘hood) and with help from co-director David Damen, the Ohio artist delivers yet another visually appealing video for his new single Numb. Backed by airy vocals and light strings on the production end, Ill Po crafts his rhymes almost a capella style, working his way around Flying Lotus’ Infinitum mellow instrumental. The visuals are kept relatively simple and somewhat eerie as we get a glimpse of Ill Poetic dropping bars in a dim basement joined by a young boy who may or may not represent a younger version of himself. The music video fittingly concludes with a colorful, chalk-etched tribute to Where The Wild Things Are writer Maurice Sendak, who passed away earlier this year. Expect a healthy helping of new cuts from the Midwesterner when his DJBooth-hosted Synesthesia: The Yellow Movement EP is released on October 16.
Written by Danielle H. on 10/4/12
Submit your Rating
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.