If you like this raw cut, don’t just give it a short Clap. Give it a standing ovation, yell “Encore!”, throw roses; do whatever you have to do to let Ill Poetic know you dug it. Who knows—maybe he’ll make a few more records just like it if you do. Ill Poetic pulls double duty, delivering a verse that’s rawer than sushi and cooking up the edgy, cutting beat, which features some interesting chopped vocal samples. Unable to keep a beat this dope to himself, Poetic shares the wealth with Illogic and Young Zone, who showcase similarly tenacious, aggressive flows and elevated wordplay. Clap was released to promote The Silhouette Project, an Indiegogo campaign to fund Ill Poetic’s next video. Click here to learn more and/or make a donation!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.