If you like this raw cut, don’t just give it a short Clap. Give it a standing ovation, yell “Encore!”, throw roses; do whatever you have to do to let Ill Poetic know you dug it. Who knows—maybe he’ll make a few more records just like it if you do. Ill Poetic pulls double duty, delivering a verse that’s rawer than sushi and cooking up the edgy, cutting beat, which features some interesting chopped vocal samples. Unable to keep a beat this dope to himself, Poetic shares the wealth with Illogic and Young Zone, who showcase similarly tenacious, aggressive flows and elevated wordplay. Clap was released to promote The Silhouette Project, an Indiegogo campaign to fund Ill Poetic’s next video. Click here to learn more and/or make a donation!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.