If you like this raw cut, don’t just give it a short Clap. Give it a standing ovation, yell “Encore!”, throw roses; do whatever you have to do to let Ill Poetic know you dug it. Who knows—maybe he’ll make a few more records just like it if you do. Ill Poetic pulls double duty, delivering a verse that’s rawer than sushi and cooking up the edgy, cutting beat, which features some interesting chopped vocal samples. Unable to keep a beat this dope to himself, Poetic shares the wealth with Illogic and Young Zone, who showcase similarly tenacious, aggressive flows and elevated wordplay. Clap was released to promote The Silhouette Project, an Indiegogo campaign to fund Ill Poetic’s next video. Click here to learn more and/or make a donation!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.