If you like this raw cut, don’t just give it a short Clap. Give it a standing ovation, yell “Encore!”, throw roses; do whatever you have to do to let Ill Poetic know you dug it. Who knows—maybe he’ll make a few more records just like it if you do. Ill Poetic pulls double duty, delivering a verse that’s rawer than sushi and cooking up the edgy, cutting beat, which features some interesting chopped vocal samples. Unable to keep a beat this dope to himself, Poetic shares the wealth with Illogic and Young Zone, who showcase similarly tenacious, aggressive flows and elevated wordplay. Clap was released to promote The Silhouette Project, an Indiegogo campaign to fund Ill Poetic’s next video. Click here to learn more and/or make a donation!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.