The dictionary defines Autonomy as “independence or freedom, the condition of being self-governed” and, well, Ill Poetic defines autonomy the exact same damn way. For his latest release the Ohio emcee/producer rails against the shallowness of hip-hop in a digital era that pressures artists to drop a new song every week. Couple those rhymes, which frankly hit near and dear to my heart, with an eclectic instrumental from the headliner that also features Angelica Lee on the vocals and Dean Hummons Sr. on the synth, and you’ve got a song that every indie artist should be legally required to listened to. While Autonomy is a loose track, fans of ill poetry can keep an ear out for Ill Poetic’s upcoming and currently unscheduled album, Synesthesia: The Yellow Movement.
Definition Music LLC
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Drawing Board Rhyme Scheme" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.