Iggy Azalea hasn’t been featured on the solo tip since last October, when she dropped off free mixtape TrapGold, but the ATL-by-way-of-Sydney rapper’s been “Work, work, work, workin’ on [her] sh*t,” in the meantime. Today, the new Mercury signee gives listeners the first taste of the project that’s been occupying her time. The lead single off the artist’s studio debut and her first UK release, this cut finds The Invisible Men and FKi‘s 1stDown serving up an anthemic, synth-driven beat as Azalea fills listeners in on the countless hours of hustle that preceded her rise to prominence. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of The New Classic this coming spring. Fans across the pond will be able to catch Iggy performing live starting in March, when she joins Nas and Meek Mill on the European leg of the former’s Life Is Good tour.
Update: We have added the Jonas & François-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Work single.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)