Iggy Azalea hasn’t been featured on the solo tip since last October, when she dropped off free mixtape TrapGold, but the ATL-by-way-of-Sydney rapper’s been “Work, work, work, workin’ on [her] sh*t,” in the meantime. Today, the new Mercury signee gives listeners the first taste of the project that’s been occupying her time. The lead single off the artist’s studio debut and her first UK release, this cut finds The Invisible Men and FKi‘s 1stDown serving up an anthemic, synth-driven beat as Azalea fills listeners in on the countless hours of hustle that preceded her rise to prominence. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for more fresh song releases leading up to the arrival of The New Classic this coming spring. Fans across the pond will be able to catch Iggy performing live starting in March, when she joins Nas and Meek Mill on the European leg of the former’s Life Is Good tour.
Update: We have added the Jonas & François-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Work single.
Written by richard on 03/14/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.