“Buzz” may be one of the most overused terms in hip-hop, but whatever “buzz” is, Iggy Azalea’s got it. Everyone in hip-hop seems to feel like they need to have an opinion on the Australian import, and the chatter should only increase now that she’s released the video for her first official single, Murda Business. For the XXL Freshwoman’s latest headlining DJBooth feature producer Bei Maejor crafts a bouncing and snapping beat that leaves plenty of room to breathe; all the better for highlighting Iggy’s surprisingly tough flow and penchant for punchlines: “…stay broke and die / while I keep makin hits with these coca lines.” (Get it?) As if that wasn’t enough, Grand Hustle CEO and Azelea’s newfound mentor T.I. stops by to lend the single some high-caliber weight, delivering a typically nonchalant 16 focused on (figuratively) murdering his foes. So how about it DJBooth Nation? Has Iggy delivered on all the hype, or was the buzz just talk? Either way, more debate is sure to ensue as we creep closer to the release of Iggy’s boldly titled debut album, The New Classic, which is still awaiting a release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.