Every morning before she buckles down to work, Iggy Azalea squares a few circles, kisses both her elbows and builds a perpetual motion machine. Sounds crazy, right? Well, Impossible Is Nothing to the Mercury Records recording artist, as she emphasizes on the latest song release off her major-label debut. But she’s not the only one with the ability to bend the laws of logic and physics in pursuit of her goals; over an unknown producer’s eerie bell loops and sizzling synths, the Aussie emcee assures young listeners that they, too, can accomplish the things that she has, as long as they have the tenacity to “keep on reachin’” in the face of failure and rejection. Like what you’re hearing? You can download this inspiring joint for free with a pre-order of Azalea’s The New Classic LP, which is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers April 22.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
April 22, 2014, a date that will go down in hip-hop history—at least, if Iggy Azalea has anything to do with it. That, of course, is when the Australian-born, ATL-based emcee unleashed her Island Def Jam debut album, The...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.