Released earlier this week as Iggy Azalea‘s latest single, Black Widow hasn’t made it onto our front page in its original form. As often happens, though, a remix has surfaced that we simply couldn’t pass up. On this unofficial rendition of the record, Vice wrests the helm from Stargate, replacing the Norwegian beat crew’s snap/trap-informed backdrop with a club-ready arrangement driven by chopped samples and grainy synth squeals. Original featuree Rita Ora returns to deliver the cut’s bold, sung chorus. Fans can find the album version of Black Widow and much more on Iggy’s debut album, The New Classic, out now via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.