Released earlier this week as Iggy Azalea‘s latest single, Black Widow hasn’t made it onto our front page in its original form. As often happens, though, a remix has surfaced that we simply couldn’t pass up. On this unofficial rendition of the record, Vice wrests the helm from Stargate, replacing the Norwegian beat crew’s snap/trap-informed backdrop with a club-ready arrangement driven by chopped samples and grainy synth squeals. Original featuree Rita Ora returns to deliver the cut’s bold, sung chorus. Fans can find the album version of Black Widow and much more on Iggy’s debut album, The New Classic, out now via Def Jam.
Written by richard on 07/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.