Before you hit play on Iggy Azalea‘s latest single, you may want to don an ascot or a classy gown. Oh, and be sure to stick your pinky out before hitting play. This joint is just too damn Fancy to enjoy as you would a regular record. Granted, the Aussie rap buzzmaker’s definition of the title adjective is a bit unconventional. Showcasing her double-time flows over The Invisible Men and The Arcade‘s minimal, yet catchy synth backdrop, Azalea spits about such “posh” activities as getting sloshed on champagne and trashing hotel rooms “from L.A. to Tokyo.” English singer/songwriter Charli XCX lends her vocals to the cut’s defiant chorus. Fancy will be formally released as a single on Sunday, April 6. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on Iggy Azalea’s debut set, The New Classic, which has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass.
Update: We have added the Director X-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Fancy single.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.