Before you hit play on Iggy Azalea‘s latest single, you may want to don an ascot or a classy gown. Oh, and be sure to stick your pinky out before hitting play. This joint is just too damn Fancy to enjoy as you would a regular record. Granted, the Aussie rap buzzmaker’s definition of the title adjective is a bit unconventional. Showcasing her double-time flows over The Invisible Men and The Arcade‘s minimal, yet catchy synth backdrop, Azalea spits about such “posh” activities as getting sloshed on champagne and trashing hotel rooms “from L.A. to Tokyo.” English singer/songwriter Charli XCX lends her vocals to the cut’s defiant chorus. Fancy will be formally released as a single on Sunday, April 6. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on Iggy Azalea’s debut set, The New Classic, which has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass.
Update: We have added the Director X-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Fancy single.
Written by richard on 03/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.