Before you hit play on Iggy Azalea‘s latest single, you may want to don an ascot or a classy gown. Oh, and be sure to stick your pinky out before hitting play. This joint is just too damn Fancy to enjoy as you would a regular record. Granted, the Aussie rap buzzmaker’s definition of the title adjective is a bit unconventional. Showcasing her double-time flows over The Invisible Men and The Arcade‘s minimal, yet catchy synth backdrop, Azalea spits about such “posh” activities as getting sloshed on champagne and trashing hotel rooms “from L.A. to Tokyo.” English singer/songwriter Charli XCX lends her vocals to the cut’s defiant chorus. Fancy will be formally released as a single on Sunday, April 6. Keep your browsers locked for the latest on Iggy Azalea’s debut set, The New Classic, which has yet to receive a drop date from the Def Jam brass.
Update: We have added the Director X-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Fancy single.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.