Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last week, it was announced that Iggy Azalea had parted ways with former label home Grand Hustle to become the latest addition to the Island Def Jam family. How is the Australian-born rap buzzmaker feeling about the move? Pretty damn good, if new single Bounce is any indication. A club anthem with a raucous, celebratory feel, this cut finds the erstwhile XXL Freshman wilding out over an uncredited beatsmith’s clattering percussion and springy synth riffs. A New Classic, Azalea’s studio debut, still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
Update: We have added the BRTHR-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Bounce single.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.