Unable to Watch this Youtube Video? Click here to play in Soundcloud instead.
Last week, it was announced that Iggy Azalea had parted ways with former label home Grand Hustle to become the latest addition to the Island Def Jam family. How is the Australian-born rap buzzmaker feeling about the move? Pretty damn good, if new single Bounce is any indication. A club anthem with a raucous, celebratory feel, this cut finds the erstwhile XXL Freshman wilding out over an uncredited beatsmith’s clattering percussion and springy synth riffs. A New Classic, Azalea’s studio debut, still lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its arrival later this year.
Update: We have added the BRTHR-directed visuals for Iggy Azalea’s Bounce single.
Written by richard on 05/5/13
April 22, 2014, a date that will go down in hip-hop history—at least, if Iggy Azalea has anything to do with it. That, of course, is when the Australian-born, ATL-based emcee unleashed her Island Def Jam debut album, The...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Think She Ready" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)