Drive, persistence and an uncompromising will to succeed are all traits that are immensely beneficial, if not absolutely required, for success in the music game. Considering Booth newcomer IFFY the Badman had what it took to grind his way to a major deal, should it come as any surprise that he applies the same singleminded ethos to his love life? Fresh off unleashing his latest EP upon the listening public, the Harlem-repping soul singer rebounds with Ain’t No Reason, a brand new jam which finds him pole-vaulting over the thin line separating love from morbid obsession. Over Frequency‘s production, a vintage soul-meets-modern pop arrangement in the spirit of Cee-Lo‘s F**k You, IFFY addresses a woman he’s had his eye on for some time, asking why she insists on rebuffing his continual advances. On the bridge, however, things take an abrupt turn for the crazy: “All right, OK, I get maybe I’m not the one / Honey you gone make the bad man go get his gun. / You can run, I’ll be waiting here for you tomorrow.” Though the artist seems more likely to earn himself a restraining order than win over the girl he loves, he can take solace in the fact that he got a damn catchy record out of the ordeal. If you’re feeling it, more awaits on Lover by Day, Thief at Night, released to the ‘net yesterday for free download.
Written by richard on 05/3/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.