One of the Booth’s favorite trends in hip-hop is that of two or more veteran artists teaming up to form a supergroup (Expensive Taste, TGT, and CRS are three of the more popular examples). For this go-round, Talib Kweli has joined forces with Philly R&B singer Res and Toronto rapper Graph Nobel to form Idle Warship, and the group plans to release their debut album, Party Robot, sometime in 2009. Before that, the ‘Ship will release a self-titled mixtape featuring their debut single, Steady. Over a Sunglasses at Night-sampling beat, Talib, Res, and Graph just flow off the tops of their heads, and the result is a certified dancefloor hit. Steady is reminiscent of many of the tracks off Common‘s Universal Mind Control, and should be enjoyed in a similar mindset; while some might prefer deeper lyrics, you can’t help but admire the creative spark that went into the record.
Written by Burmy on 12/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Girls On The Dancefloor (Remix) " (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)